Super Kitchen Stars (age 11-15)
This course is to gain more advanced skills and aimed at children aged 11-15. The children will work with a wide variety of ingredients and using more complex recipes. By preparing two or three recipes each week and working on more challenging tasks, the children will experience a range of different types of food and cooking methods.
A key element of the course is to follow a recipe from beginning to end and understanding the ingredients that they work with. This course will also allow the children hands on supervised cooking with heat (roasting, baking, frying and grilling). The children will also acquire different skills including using a knife safely, measuring, mixing, kneading and combining food in various ways. Team work is also an important part of these classes.
- Hand washing and aprons
- Prepare the recipe(s)
- Cleaning up
- Recipe and fact sheet given out.
- At the end of the course, an achievement certificate will be given to each child.
Course Details (this class is full) please get in touch to be added to our waiting list!
- 2 or 3 recipes (sometimes with side dish)
- 2 hours from 10am-12noon.
- Aimed at children/teens aged 11-15.
- 3 sessions (run monthly on a Saturday) £75
- All ingredients, aprons and cooking utensils supplied.
- Held in West Wickham (in one of our Leader's home).
- Maximum 9 children per class.
Course: World Food with a British Seasonal Twist
During this course the children will prepare recipes that are quick and easy so fast food but with a healthy twist. Hidden cheese burger, quick cheeses cakes and easy flat bread pizza. All of these and many more may feature in this great 3 session monthly course.
This course will run on:
Saturday 6th May 2017
Saturday 17th June 2017
Saturday 8th July 2017