Junior Kitchen Stars (age 5-10)
This is an excellent opportunity to establish the building blocks required for a healthy relationship with food. Children will be introduced to different types of ingredients in a fun and exciting way. By preparing two or three recipes each week children will experience a range of different types of food and cooking methods.
The children will start to learn how to follow a recipe from beginning to end. With a focus on food preparation, the children will acquire different skills including using a knife safely, measuring, mixing, kneading and combining food in various ways. Heat will be used during the sessions, but only by the Kitchen Star Leaders to demonstrate different cooking methods such a grilling, frying, baking and boiling. Team work is also an important part of these classes.
- Hand washing and aprons
- Prepare the recipe(s)
- Cleaning up
- Recipe and fact sheet given out.
- At the end of the course, an achievement certificate will be given to each child.
- Course Details
- 2 hours from 10am-12noon or from 1-3pm (we run this course twice per day, same content and recipes)
- Aimed at children aged 5-10.
- 4 sessions £95 (runs monthly on a Saturday)
- All ingredients, aprons, cooking utensils and containers to take home in are supplied.
- Held in one of our Kitchen Stars leader's home in West Wickham.
- Maximum 8 children per class.
Course: 'World Food, with a British Seasonal Twist'
This course will focus on preparing a range of recipes using different seasonal foods. A selection of the our best recipes with chocolate, chicken & bread. Recipes will use seasonal ingredients where possible. The children will be exposed to a variety of foods and ingredients whilst using a range of cooking methods.
This course will run on:
Saturday 22nd April 2017
Saturday 20th May 2017
Saturday 24th June 2017
Saturday 15th July 2017
Group 1 is from 10am-12noon (full) Please Contact us to be added to the waiting list
Group 2 is from 1pm-3pm (spaces available)
Please contact us if you are interested in booking a space for any of the above courses. We are operating a waiting list for Junior Kitchen Stars due to its popularity.